BGB is committed to the continual improvement of services that we provide to meet our Clients’ needs.
We recognise the fact that quality is everyone’s responsibility. Our objective is to maintain the highest attainable level of quality and reliability and we have adopted the ISO 9001 quality standard as the basis of our quality system. Objectives and targets are clearly defined within the Integrated Management System and are subject to continual review and improvement.
The training of our management and workers is fundamental to the success of our quality program. In addition, we will continue to liaise closely with our contractors to ensure that they provide similar attention to quality principles.
It is our intention to maintain and build on our reputation for quality by continually achieving a standard of service that complies with specifications, standards, statutory regulations and contractual obligations and by encouraging full worker involvement and commitment in the development and implementation of an exceptional quality system. We reinforce this through an underlying commitment to minimal response times in issues regarding quality.
Our Company regards environmental management as a fundamental aspect of a sound business foundation. The management of BGB are committed to focusing on environmental protection and how our products or services may affect the environment. We have established objectives and targets to protect our natural capital and prevent potential impacts or pollution our products or services may have on the environment.
It is our policy to:
- Ensure that our people have the knowledge and other resources needed to meet our obligations and fulfil our commitment to environmental care;
- Consider the environmental impacts of products and services utilised;
- Ensure that our Company uses operating procedures necessary to identify, monitor and control the impact of our operations, the effective use of energy and the use of natural resources. We are committed to identifying ways of reducing the direct environmental impact of our operations and waste to prevent pollution;
- Ensure our operations, products and services comply with relevant legal and other requirements, in addition to meeting the requirements set down in ISO 14001, industry best practice codes and other standards relevant to our business;
- Ensure the suppliers, stockists and contractors we deal with are informed of our Environmental Policy and are managed to ensure their compliance with this policy;
- Communicate openly and constructively with relevant authorities and the general community to meet the needs and demands of growth that may result from our business products or services; and
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to chart our progress.
We will monitor and evaluate our Company’s performance in relation to the objectives and targets we have set to identify areas for the improvement. We will implement any changes identified to continually improve our performance, the conservation of our resources and the prevention of pollution.
We thank our workers, our suppliers and our contractors for their cooperation in this endeavour.
Work Health and Safety Policy
We aim to lead the way in work health and safety (WHS) within our industry. Members of our Organisation apply quality and safety standards that have been established to protect our clients, our contractors, our workers and members of the public. The philosophy of our Organisation is to ensure that our work is undertaken safely, with a high level of integrity and quality.
This is achieved by maintaining an Integrated Management System (IMS) which incorporates and enables compliance to the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001, and covers the activities of our operation.
The IMS has the objective of eliminating work-related injury and illness by:
- Conforming to legislative requirements, being the Act, Regulations or Codes of Practice;
- Managing risks associated with our business activities;
- Providing and maintaining a work environment without risks to health and safety;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and structures;
- Providing and maintaining safe systems of work;
- Ensuring the safe use handling and storage of plant structures and chemicals;
- Providing adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers in carrying out work for BGB, including ensuring access to those facilities;
- Providing any information training, instruction or supervision that is necessary;
- Monitoring the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace for the purpose of preventing illness or injury of workers arising from work performed by BGB; and
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to chart our progress.
We request the personal cooperation and commitment of people working within our Organisation, whether they are workers, contractors or clients, to help us achieve our “Zero Harm” objective.
Please abide by our safety rules and report unsafe conditions. Also, be involved and committed to a continuing program that will ensure a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for everyone. Your contribution is valued.